GreenClean Granular Algaecide is ideal for controlling string algae and algae blooms in ponds, waterfalls, fountains and streams. It works through oxidation and breaking down the algae cells on contact. When used in a pond the dead matter floats to the surface where it is removed by a skimmer or a net.
- Kills algae on contact with results visible in minutes
- For use in ponds and water features containing live fish and plants
- Effective, eco-friendly chemistry – no copper residue
- Controls string algae in ponds, streams and waterfalls
- An EPA registered algaecide
Directions for Use
Use 1/2 pound (1 cup) per 1000 gallons of water for existing problems. Use 1/4 pound (1/2 cup) per 1000 gallons of water as a maintenance dosage. Best to apply early in the morning on a clear sunny day. Turn of circulation. Apply to affected areas, including waterfall and streams. Turn circulation back on after 10-20 minutes. Skimming/netting dead algae helps prevent further algae. Always read and follow label directions.